Dimensions is a comprehensive, innovative sexual assault and sexual education program for college and university students.
Our program consists of sixteen highly engaging videos, each of which is paired with lesson plans and activities that go beyond the facts to address the root causes of sexual violence.
The program is driven by the belief that to reduce campus sexual assault, students need an educational program that is relatable, useful, and transformative.
Going beyond simple facts helps us explore the attitudes, ideas, and perspectives that lead to sexual violence.
Dimensions interweaves topical information about sexual violence with nuanced discussions about healthy sexuality and positive relationships. .
Our lesson plans are dynamic and rich. No two are the same, and all feature discussion topics that drive deep conversation and understanding.
We also provide significant support for facilitators, including training, manuals, and scripts to ensure success.
Our programmatic approach is far-reaching, inclusive of diverse identities and experiences, and addresses many of the awkward and difficult parts of talking about sex and sexuality with frankness and practical resources for young adults.
We know more needs to be said and done to end sexual assault and sexual violence both on campuses and in society. One way Dimensions expands the conversation with students nationwide is through characters with a broad, diverse range of identities so students encounter characters they can relate to.
Our flexible program allows you to:
Create a one-of-a-kind course tailored to your school's unique needs
Deliver cutting-edge content developed with leading subject-matter experts and experienced educators
Address deep, complex issues on your own timeline and your own terms
Reach your diverse student population with material that speaks to them personally and emotionally
Dimensions has a diverse network of student advisors on multiple college & university campuses who provide input on our content.
Our student advisors come from different domains of campus life, including the Greek system, LGBTQ communities, athletics, faith communities, and communities of color.
Dimensions works with faculty and graduate students in gender studies and communications to ground our program in cutting-edge theory and practice.
Dimensions conducted university-sanctioned research as part of our content development.
Our content helps facilitators succeed. Our lesson plans offer instructions on what to say, when to say it, and what to do when things don't go according to plan.
Our lesson plans provide everything from scripted instructions to comprehensive handouts, links, and collateral materials.
Our team of educators knows what works. We have decades of experience, have taught thousands of students, and have mentored dozens of other educators.
We know that your community is unique. With your specific population and the issues and challenges your campus faces, content that's one-size-fits-all just doesn't work.
Do you want a comprehensive, quarter-long course that works with all sixteen of our videos and covers a range of topics? We've got that. Only have an hour to deliver the essential information for Title IX compliance? We've got you covered there too, and you won't have to buy more than what you need.
Our videos and lesson plans can be assembled into a broad range of courses. We're here to help if you want to design your own menu of options. If one of our prepared offerings works for you, you'll get what you need, delivered digitally and ready to be delivered right away.
While our videos have interweaving storylines, they can each be viewed on their own and with the lesson plans that accompany them without losing anything.
We see diversity as a priority both in our video content and in the lesson plans we offer.
Whether it's race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or ability, we aim to have all students see themselves in our videos. Our filmed content features a diverse cast of characters played by actors from varying backgrounds and with a range of identities.
Our lesson plans address gender, sexuality, and relationship status from a neutral perspective, acknowledging difference without singling anyone out.
Sexual health promotion and sexual assault prevention sometimes requires a deeper look into the issues and challenges facing specific constituencies. Our content development plans include follow-on courses aimed to address some of these distinct groups in ways that genuinely speak to those communities and the schools that serve them.
Our lesson plans are not traditional stand-and-deliver, instructor-centered material. We keep the focus on the content and the students.
In our lessons, students will change activities frequently, work with each other in constantly varying groups, engage in structured discussion, and use experiential learning to lock in long-term learning and behavior change.
Our team of educators know how to keep groups of varying size active, moving, and talking. Our lesson plans help your facilitators do that, whether you have 15 or 500 students in the room.
Send us an email. We'd love to connect and talk about how Dimensions can become part of your campus or organization.Reach out
Click each question below to see its answer.
Dimensions Learning is a comprehensive sexual health promotion and sexual violence prevention course. We empower students to change patterns of negative behavior.
• We offer sixteen complete lesson plans with accompanying videos and all collateral materials.
• The lesson plans allow anyone to present a best-in-class workshop. The lesson plans can be combined to create a customized program that meets your unique needs.
We are different in multiple domains.
• For students, we offer character-driven narratives that anchor course content in emotionally engaging
• For schools, we believe that no one-size-fits-all program works for every campus, so we allow you to mix, remix, and combine our material in ways that work for you.
• You get to choose when and how the content is delivered, whether it’s all in person in a workshop format, in a blended/hybrid learning approach using online and in-person sessions, or you are welcome to port our content to the LMS/CMS of your choice.
• We conducted extensive research with students, faculty, administrators, and Title IX coordinators as part of our program development. Nearly all indicated a preference for at least some in-person training versus a purely online course.
• Our program can be delivered partially online and partially in person as well. These blended/hybrid learning models are popular with students and give program facilitators an opportunity to connect face-to-face with students.
• We provide guidance as to what course content may be appropriate to present online and what may be best delivered in person.
• Please see our comments on what makes Dimensions Learning different for ideas on how you can deliver our course content in a way that works for your school’s unique needs.
No. We offer an a la carte menu of modules organized around key topics that pair with our videos. You can build a package that works for your campus. If you don’t see a menu option that works, please reach out. We can arrange packages that meet your needs.
• Our lesson plans are comprehensive and clear. Facilitators get detailed instructions as to how to execute the plans, including suggested scripts when appropriate.
• Our materials also include handouts, feedback cards, and all files required to deliver our best-in-class content on your campus.
• Our team of experienced educators can provide consulting and coaching to help your facilitators succeed in delivering this material.
• That said, we are confident that an enthusiastic facilitator who studies our lesson plans will be able to present a strong workshop experience for students.
• Our videos, written and produced by a team of award-winning Hollywood scriptwriters, directors, and editors, engage students in character-driven storylines.
• They introduce high-level concepts with a diverse cast, allowing students to connect the big ideas of our program with characters they can relate to.
• These videos are paired with lesson plans, which offer research-based exercises developed by experienced educators.
• These materials go deeper than the videos and feature constantly varied activities to lock in long-term learning and engage students in critical thinking about complex issues.
• One of the most challenging questions in dealing with sexual assault prevention is understanding how well students can deal with the difficult, ambiguous situations and encounters that can lead to potentially life-changing trauma.
• We worked with nationally-recognized faculty with expertise in stalking and dating violence to develop a first of its kind measure that evaluates a student’s competence in dealing with these types of situations.
• The measure takes the form of a quiz, with an assessment guide for facilitators. It can be administered as a pre-assessment before a course begins, as a post-assessment after a course, or as both a pre and post assessment to evaluate the potential effectiveness of a course.
• The measure can be used with any assault prevention program, whether one your campus has developed itself or one you’ve purchased through us or another vendor.
• We can also customize the deployment of the measure: as an online tool using the survey system of your choice, via our own survey system, as a physical survey on paper, or as content to be included in a full-length class your campus may offer. Dimensions Learning does retain the rights to this measure and can revoke its use at any time.
Yes. We have an extensive production pipeline of content we plan to roll out each year for the next four years.
This content will go deeper into topics and explore issues faced by specific constituencies like the LGBTQ community, athletes, international students, and members of the Greek system. Our follow-up content addresses gender equity as well as the unique cultural challenges in dealing with assault in diverse racial/ethnic groups.
Our program is customizable and remixable. You can decide how long you want to deliver our program for, from a single session to a full sixteen hours over 12-16 weeks. It’s up to you.
Yes. Dimensions Learning can produce customized video and workshop content specifically for your campus. Please reach out to us to discuss your unique needs.
Our videos allow students to connect personally and emotionally through interlocking storylines. This improves memory, recall, and retention of the material.